- Family: spurge (Euphorbiaceae)
- Habitat: sandplains, pine barrens, and other dry, sandy areas
- Height: 2-6 inches
- Flower size: 1/4 inch wide
- Flower color: yellow to green
- Flowering time: April to May
- Origin: native
Photographed in Burlington County, New Jersey in late May.
The leaves of ipecac spurge are highly variable, ranging from nearly linear to somewhat broader than the ones in this photograph.
This plant was photographed fairly early in spring, when the first flowers were already out but most of the leaves had not yet emerged. Photographed in southern New Jersey in late April.