Pale green orchid is rare in Connecticut; it is listed as a species of special concern.
- Synonyms: Habenaria flava
- Family: orchid (Orchidaceae)
- Habitat: wet woods, meadows, shores; in rich, moderately acidic soil
- Height: 8-24 inches
- Flower size: 1/4 inch across
- Flower color: green, yellow-green, or pale green
- Flowering time: June to August
- Origin: native
This plant is sometimes called "tuberculed orchid" because each flower has a small bump or "tubercle" in the middle of the lip petal. This is most clearly visible on the lower left flower.